The purpose of #TakeAStand is to raise awareness and funds for the Domestic Violence cause. It challenges participants to #TakeAStand in a unique way that supports survivors of domestic violence, perpetuates the campaign by inviting others to #TakeAStand, and asks everyone to donate to the domestic violence service organization of their choice.
1. Record a Video
Record yourself Taking a Stand – It doesn’t matter where or how – maybe it’s a headstand on the steps of the capitol, at the top of a mountain, or in your backyard or kitchen. Try it with your co-workers, with your family or maybe just a friend. You decide. The more creative the better! Click here for some video ideas.
2. Challenge Others to Join You
In your video invite 3 individuals to join you in Taking a Stand against domestic violence. Make sure to tag them in your post so they notice they have been challenged.
3. Post and Donate
Post your “Take A Stand” video to your various social media and make a donation to your favorite domestic violence charity. To donate to FADV click HERE. Use the hashtags #TakeAStand #DVAM #FADV #TakeAStand17 We suggest a $30 donation – for the 30 year anniversary of Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
Create Your Own Fundraiser!
#TakeAStand begins October 1
Create your own fundraiser through our Flipcause campaign. Share your fundraiser on social media and gather a team of friends and family to help you reach your fundraising and awareness goals. Post your own #TakeAStand video along with your fundraiser to show others how it's done.
Ways to #TakeAStand
Organize a Honk-A-Thon
Gather some friends at a busy intersection, a sports tailgate, or any other event with some homemade signs and see how many honks you can get!
What is a Honk-A-Thon?
A Honk-A-Thon is about as grassroots as you can get.
- Locate a busy intersection or event (rush-hour traffic, a college football pre-game, it doesn’t matter where as long as there are a lot of eyeballs)
- Invite friends and family to meet at the designated location at the designated time with homemade signs
- Show off your signs and see how many honks you can get from others who #TakeAStand against domestic violence.
Here are a few ideas for signs:
- Honk if You #TakeAStand Against Domestic Violence
- End Domestic Violence Now
- Honk for a Safer World
- Honk if You Know a Domestic Violence Survivor